Tuesday 11 March 2008

Making a change

I've decided to cut down on my blogging seeing that it'll get boring (not saying its interesting at the moment) in a couple of weeks as i run out of stuff to type.its also due to the fact that i need to spend more time doing work.my 4 hours a day timetable aint going very well,i've been getting an average of 8 a day which is twice of what i aimed for and still i 'm feeling tired mentally. i read a few blogs today by my ex schoolmates which is kinda intimidating seeing that they blog bout intelectual stuff where as here i am typing bout my own lil personal world with hardly any alien stuff.at the moment ppl back home are talking bout elections and what not.me personally,not really interested in politics although i wouldnt mind being a politician in singapore(theyre the highest paid politicians in the world) if given the chance but i aint singaporean so thats that.Today was fill with blog browsing seeing that my quality of life has gone down in recent days (cant be bothered attitude kicking back in).i read one which is written in bahasa(well at least 90% of it) and it makes me kinda miss my own language.mind u,ever since coming here,the only malay words i ever use were curse words which is really handy when ure talking to ppl who cant understand it.kinda miss using bahasa.i remember the last time i was back in malaysia and i made this massive error using bahasa. too embarassing for me to tell but seriously,if petet didnt realise my error,it would have been really rude seeing that it has sumthing to do with a death. at the end of the day it turned out to be a joke(a painful one in fact) although i rather being teased to being rude to a person who just exp a death of a relative.it kinda makes me think how much i'll forget bout my own language,not in the sense that i'll forget every single thing bout it but more to anything outside the norm.i'm not a pro in my own language and the lack of practise in using it will push me understanding of the language further down. even when i use bahasa,its not the actual bahasa,its pasar or slang. one of the diff between bahasa and any other language that i know is that our daily spoken bahasa is at most times not the same as our written language. most teenagers see the actual bahasa as skema(aaa haqqa,help me out here,need a translation)kinda a bit like queens english in comparison with the normal eng. anyway,i was thinking of changing the language as well(someone mentiond that she couldnt understnd my blog,dunno whether itsa good thing or bad)to malay but i reckon it wouldnt be fair to my non-malay understanding friends who actually spend their time reading this(cheers guys,really appreciate it).i dont think i'll be ableto do much right with the state that i'm in but look forwrd to future changes,i promise u there will be some if not a lot.

5 comments:

Ramblings. said...

Awwwwww you're talking about me.Haha.I'm flattered.Although obviously the one about the intellectual blogger is not me.Anywayyyyy,of course you can!I already linked you like,a few days ago =D

And ohhh,maybe you weren't egoistic back then but I just assumed so.Forgive me =)

Farquar Haqqani said...

err.translation for "skema".ooouh.err,dats tough.
i don't think there's a translation for skema in english.just like you can't translate "merajuk" or "manja" into english (quote adibah amin haha)

cheers!

Anonymous said...

hmm..kindam akes u htink our language is more complete doesnt it?

danial syafiq said...

hey hey i know that this is a lil out of topic but heck im just gonna say it here.

i hated (ok la maybe not to the extend of hating) the fact that my primary school used to call the subject 'bahasa melayu' as 'malay'. i mean wtf?! i wouldve preffered them calling it bm though. its like :

person A: eh what subject we have after this?
person B: errr..i think malay.


hahaha stupid right? come to think of it, malay here can also refer to a person (the race), not only the language. pffffftt.

oh this is a long one. btw, i linked you in my blog! in fact both of your blogs!

r.iskandar said...

hahaha, I chose to blog about politics coz nothing interesting ever happens in malaysia except politics.The same goes for my everyday life.The same old thing day after day. Taking econs, maths and accounts. Doing unit 5 and 6 now.I'll link to your blog.