Thursday 17 January 2008

Starting point

Just thought of starting a blog. Having spent a lot of time day dreaming of what could be and what could have been, there has been nothing else to day dream about so I'm moving professions from a professional 'scriptwriter' to an author. I reckon i could improve my skills by the constant tapping of keys and entree typings. Hopefully this could also help me write my article for our upcoming paper. Have i said that i'm a journalist? In all honesty, i'm not a 'real' journalist that writes for a daily paper or sumthing like that,no, i'm just a journalist for a small town paper that publishes an issue every few months. Not really a big thing though because my articles arent really sumthing people are interested in probably because they reflect me as a person(or maybe,this is more realistic, i just cant write anything better). starting a blog could be the perfect remedee to cure my inability to write any good material. Having came back from the holidays,i now find myself facing 13exams and at this current moment,i'm writing my blog. interesting isnt it? i have this philosophy that i will learn when i have the need to.the only problem with that is that i never feel the need to study. The lack of incentive could be explained by the fact that i am one of the leading masters in the arts of SLIM(slacked life is me) and also because there has been to many distractions in my life. I could give more excuses but that would just be too much effort and energy wasted. I know that at the end of all this i will regret every second that i wasted. I have strong beliefs that for that same reason why we feel that life is so short. the amount of time we waste is ridiculous. just last night,i watched a film,meet joe black. for those who might not know, the film tells a story bout a man who is nearing to his 65th birthday having achieved almost everything a man could dream of. A few days shy of his birthday, he's visited by death who took a human form. death made a deal with him that he will be given more time in exchange of being deaths guide in this human world.as long as death is interested, he lives.having known hisdeath would be coming,he became moreofa family man,having meals with his children everynight contrast to the once in awhile meals they had before.he thinks ofthe life he lived and believed that he would be satisfied with his life. now,i'm not really that good with explaining stories much more telling them but it does struck me that i would give anything to have the life he had.this lead me to day dream a bit after wards and reality bit me. it was just a film.even so, i remember a quote form the film,65 years wasnt that long.its the same wiht all of us isnt it?i could say 18 years wasnt that long,and the guy next to me could say that 30 years wasnt that long.and all because we waste so much time on things that we probably wouldnt even remember of doing.sleep for instance. assuming we sleep 8 hours a day,that counts to 121 days give or take in a year.thats almost a third of a year on sleep alone. and can we act remember anything whilst we're asleep with the exception of dreams which i doubt a person could dream everynight.another important session is what i refer to as DAN(doing absolutely nothing). i'll admit i do that myself and it does sometimes annoy me that i actually do it.that would take more time of the year.take away those times,study sessions,travelling,and whats left? only a few hours of cherished moments. i'm petrified at this fact because i'm afraid my time with family and friends are going to be limited. being so far from home,it makes me think whether i'm makingthe right choice.cos,eventually,once you're far away,people you knew tend to drift away. this is evident as ever since i moved ,i barely keep in touch with my old friends and now,i have beliefs that some might have already forgot about me,not that its a bad thing for them of course.not that it matters anyway,i'm quite content with the friends i have right now. theres a saying you dontknow what you got until you lose it. personally if its fated that i lose something,then as the beatles would have said,let it be. there will always be something better to be found if only we took the time to look.but thats just it isnt it?we dont have any left to spare.

No comments: