Tuesday 19 February 2008

boston part 1

A few ppl told me that the lack of entrees in the past week shows how 'commitd' i am to my blog. i know,its my fault for not giving enough time to blogging but give me a break,i didnt knew there were actually ppl taking the time to read my blog(i really appreciate it ,thank you so much although i wish u guys could just vote on the poll,even a comment on the c-box would be great). The week and a bit i was in boston was just amazing,the first day i was there wasnt really enjoyable,had a walk around the place just to getto know the surroundings.and that was basically my first day there(we arrived in the evening and had to wait for others to come by so it wasnt that productive) we went on a freedom trail the next day which wasnt really my kind of thing but it was..knowledgable? its a more interesting way to learn boston history and i did learn a lot from our tour guide,she was nice and made the thing worthwhile.we started at the boston commons after a gruesome snowball fight at a park just nearby newbury street and ended somewhere near the harbour,the thing was supposed to go be longer than a mile but we stopped cos the tour was for only part of the freedom trail.we went to a cemetery to see famous dead ppl and also some historical building and statues. lunch that day was just amazing,we went to the oyster union house,for those who dont know,its one of americas oldest restaurant(or so it says).i promise u the food was amazing. i had clam chowder and their special lobster(i know it sounds expensive but my dad always say its alright when its food). the price after conversion to the RM is kinda shocking but i didnt care at that moment cos similar to my other travels,food comes first on my list of things to do. after eating we had a stroll around the harbour which was filled with shops.most of the shops didnt really interest me although some did caught my friends eye. close to the end of the harbour,there was american eagle,gap,banana republic and sumthing else which i couldnt remember. me and andy got bored so we headed to newbury street which was filled with more shops(haha).by the time we reached there,we already made up our minds on which shops to go to since we had a walk around the place the other day(it was quite close to the hotel). first we went to nike cosi wanted to design my own shoe(sounds weirddoesnt it) but they didnt have the nike id design so it was kinda disappointing. we went to guess next which was on sale(wohoo). bought myself a pair of jeans,a shirt and a jacket.the cost?not gonna type it here cos of a lot of reasons. thats was the end of the day for me but not for andy apparently.we went to brooks brothers next and did a bit more shopping(well he did,i just tagged along).i wasnt really interested by the stuff they were selling cos 1) the price 2)omg..they are sooo..skema? i think.. it didnt stop andy though. we were there for more than an hour .i never could imagine spending more than an hour in a shop that aint even that big. didnt mind though ,at least its burning time not money(not mine at least). so that was pretty much it.my day. dinner was again at the food court,panda express was there,its my fave fast food, but there were also other stuff which were alright.the end of the 2 days.gonna continue tomorrow!

No comments: